As the weather continues to heat up, keeping your yard and garden tidy can be tough! Here’s our summer tip checklist.
- Weeding- keep up by checking out your gardening daily. If you wait for just the weekends, weeds can explode.
- Harvest daily as well. By keeping your beans and cukes picked, more will come on. Vegetables taste better younger and fresher as well.
- Plant for fall harvest- lettuces, carrots, Kale, herbs are among the vegetables that you will be able to pick late summer early fall
- Keep the yard mowed (remember 3 to 4” high) to help keep any invading weeds at back. No need to rake up the cuttings, they become a great source of humus for the soil and nitrogen for the grass- cut only a third of the bade height at any mowing.
- Spot weed any invading weeds with Iron-X.
- Remember to apply the second application of your natural fertilizer (such as Flowers Alive!) to help continue your plants producing flowers
- Keep water clean, fresh and available during the hot months.
- Contrary to popular belief, birds still could use some extra food during the summer months and feeding provides a great opportunity to see the young birds with their parents.